Friday, August 6, 2010

book blogger hop (5)

Book Blogger Hop

frrrrriiiiiiiiidddddddaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! Fricking finally. What a long week. I had a bad feeling about this week when I arrived at work Monday morning and saw that someone had egged the front door (or possibly thrown some yellow paintballs at it). Shortly thereafter as I walked across the parking lot for my morning coffee run, I encountered A FAMILY OF SKUNKS. Aren't skunks supposed to be nocturnal? And like live in the wilderness..not an urban area??? Needless to say I ran away shrieking at the top of my lungs, making a complete donkey of myself in front of my esteemed coworkers. Whatever...Jane (1): Skunk (0). That's all that matters.

Anyway, the rest of the week was equally absurd, but I won't bore you (or myself) by recounting the details.

This week's question for the blog hop:

Do you listen to music when you read? If so, what are your favorite reading tunes?




Hmmm...I go through phases with this. If I'm in a cafe or something I always listen to music while reading (to drone out the sound of crying babies and the gossiping of the patrons around me). If I'm at home...less often. I'll listen to basically any type of music...it just depends on what I'm in the mood for. When I first read Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires, for instance, I was on a major Radiohead kick (I had just gotten a copy of In Rainbows). Now whenever I hear any of the songs from that album I think about poor Merit's transition into a vampire, the lusty Ethan Sullivan, etc. Same with Tender Morsels...I had just discovered Rue Des Cascades, a soundtrack by Yann Tiersen (who did the Amelie soundtrack) and listened to that nonstop while reading Tender Morsels, so now I associate both with the other.

7 comments:

  1. Stopping in from this weeks Blog Hop. Happy reading and I hop you have a great weekend!


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through the hop, and I'm now a follower. Great review of The Iron King! I've been curious about Julie Kagawa's books for a while, and reading your insights on it was a lot of fun. I also saw that you're reading Strange Angels which I've been curious about as well, and I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    Have a lovely weekend! :)

    Erika
    Erika Breathes Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just hopping by! I read some of your reviews. Pretty interesting stuff!

    Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just dropped in to say hi. I am already a follower. Have a great weekend. kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I am now a follower! =) Have a great weekend!

    http://baileysbookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I found you through the Book Blogger Hop. I've started following your blog and I think that it's great. Anyway, check out my blog as well: http://johnsmithbooks.blogspot.com/

    You could follow me too if you like it.

    Warmest regards,
    John Smith (pen name)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Just stopping by from the hop! As music goes--I used to have music playing all the time, but now I prefer quiet.

    Hope you're having a great weekend!!!

    nymfaux
    http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete