Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (2)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading To participate:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I am about to start Carrie Ryan's The Forest of Hands and Teeth, which has been on my TBR list for AGES. I have a google alert set up for Richelle Mead (I am obsessed with herrrr) - and the other day Carrie Ryan's blog popped up on the alert because she had written a rave review of Vampire Academy. Which was the final push I needed to get my hands on a copy of her book. Fascinating back story, I know. Anyway here's the teaser (from p. 102):

My entire body shakes now, whether from fear or the sweat soaking my thin gown I don't know. I wish Travis were by my side, someone to hold my hand, to keep at bay the terror at the edges of my imagination. I have thought of this tunnel and these rooms for so long and yet now that I am here I don't want to press forward.

 Yikes, sounds pretty intense. Can't wait to dig in!

What is everyone else reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment