Friday, June 18, 2010

TTTTGGGIIIIFFFFFFF!!!!


It's shaping up to be a great day. USA vs. Slovenia at 10, then I pray Eggland will take a solid lashing from Algeria this afternoon, though that might be too much to hope for.

In the world of books...I got about halfway through Libba Bray's Going Bovine the other night, which I am enjoying so far. A full review will follow soon, but for now I'll just say that while I enjoy Cameron's snark, and while I think Bray has done an amazing job of creating his character--totally believable, I knew a number of similar brainy deadbeats like him when I was in high school--I am having a hard time sympathizing with him so far, despite his awful plight. We'll have to see how it turns out.

Also started J.R. Ward's Dark Lover. I should not have done that while I was in the middle of another book, because now I can't put it down, so Going Bovine will have to go on hold because I'm too busy Going Vamp (har har har harrrrrr, ahh, sorry). Full review of this one to follow soon as well.
Happy Friday to all! And happy footballing!



No comments:

Post a Comment