Monday, July 19, 2010

LA COPA ES LA FIESTA!!! and some book stuff

Hola amigos. I have returned from my travels (unfortunately) - and it's back to the grind.
A brief note on my trip before getting back on subject with books & stuff. Firstly, here is where I watched the World Cup Final:



Those crazy Spaniards set up a giant screen out in the Plaza Mayor, right in front of the above pictured Cathedral of Segovia. Pretty fricking intense. I think I lost a few years of my life due to the stress of that game. Totally worth it though. YO SOY ESPANOL, ESPANOL, ESPANOL!!! SOY DE LA ROJA!!! VIVA ESPANA!!!!

Then I went to Switzerland for a dear friend's wedding. She got married in a beautiful medievalish castle overlooking Lake Geneva, with the Alps rising up in the background. It was literally a fairy tale wedding...every little girl's dream. Photos soon, I hope.

Anyway, my trip was really busy and my kindle crapped out a few days in (I forgot to bring the charger, typical...) - but I did manage to finish these three books:

Simone Elkeles, Leaving Paradise
Cate Tiernan, Immortal Beloved
Chloe Neill, Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)


Reviews will be posted soon (jet lag/real job permitting).

For now, it's back to the death march of Monday. Kill meeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment