Tuesday, July 20, 2010

teaser tuesday (3)

It's Teaser Tuesday, which means we survived Monday. Hoorah. Hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading, Teaser Tuesday asks you to:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I am currently reading Mercy Thompson: Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs, which comes highly recommended from many of my comrades over at the Vampire Academy Amazon message boards. Here's the teaser, from ch. 1 (locations 268-75 on my kindle):

There are other things, though, things that hide in the dark, that are much, much worse--and vampires are only the tip of the iceberg. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too; so I go to church every week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this book as well (actually, it is an audio book, but that is besides the point). I'm really liking it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment! i'm only about a chapter in, but so far it is making a very good impression on me. let's hope first impressions stay true this time.

    ReplyDelete